Thursday, 16 July 2015

Smeared 'n' Smudged Hop with an Art Doll

It's been a long while since I joined in one of Smeared and Smudged hops. My bad! Time has always been an issue for me - never enough hours in the day for one thing but when I saw the topic of this month's hop I felt that I just had to join in. I have thought about doing one of these for a while but  never got round to it. This was the goad to get me to sit down and create. Using a given template from The Enchanted Gallery, this site has some amazing pieces of art in the gallery - well worth a look.
This is what I came up with

The image was cut from the white card and the elements I wanted were glued to patterned paper. Then the essential part of any S&S project, the stamping, began.

 The Eye is from TH carnival set and the eye has been highlighted with glossy accents. The hat is from Aly's Inky Fingers as is the clock faces and keys used on the legs and arms. The skirt made from some satin ribbon, lace and organza. A little key charm on a length of chain as a "belt" a few pearls added to the hat and a small crown charm as a pin.


The wings are decorated with the raven wings from the Smeared Ink "Quoth the Raven" set using gilding flakes.

The necklace is made up of a collection of small watch parts set into glossy accents.

Here's the full blog hop list now so you guys can go see some more art doll inspiration

 
ART DOLL HOP & SWAP
Blog Hop
 Nan
Teresa
Susan R.
Katie
Amanda
 Helen



4 comments:

  1. So glad you chose to join in with this hop Helen. Love the all seeing eye and necklace details xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...this is gorgeous! Love all the bits and pieces you have used - and the overall colour scheme...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is really cool. I am so impressed with what you did with those little doll bits !!! I wouldn't have a clue where to start :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely doll she's very mystical

    ReplyDelete