Monday 7 June 2010

Sleepy Hollow

Tim Burton and his films have long been a major source of enjoyment in my family. The kids were dragged up on them. The Burtonesque Dolls blog has been one of the blogs I have followed since it was first "on air" because of that. Unfortunately though, for one reason or another, I haven't always managed to enter their challenges. This week I am in time to enter my little offering because it's only sunday night. This week the highlighted work of Mr Burton is the film "Sleepy Hollow". The Dolls are teaming up with Tiddly Inks this week for their gothic challenge so am entering this card into both.
Using the odd digi stamp from Digital Doodling and silhouette images sourced from google, all pieced onto cardstock covered in two-tone voile. Depending on the light source the background is either black or red. I felt this would add to an eerie feeling.

6 comments:

  1. Oh I like the two-tone voile! Very clever! Love how you put this scene together too. So glad you finally had time to join us dolls at TBD challenge this week!!
    Hugs!
    Eulanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw your name on the challenge. Lovely card Helen - great use of the voile and all the details. Hugs Cherry XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background is fab I love how it changes colour!!

    Thanks for joining us over at Tiddly inks xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background. :) Love that house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool card!!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Tiddly Inks and hope to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete