Thursday 5 August 2010

Black, Lovely Black

One of my fav. colours but oh so difficult to photograph!! I've had this card made for nearly 24 hrs trying to get the light just right - no glare and reflections and not brown. Well I think this piccy is about as good as I'm going to get.
Using a skull stamp from Happy Daze, first stamped in platignum ink onto matt black card stock and embossed with white pearl powder then, masking the first image, in black ink with the same embossing powder, I got the "shadow" effect I wanted. Mounted this onto glossy black card stock. I printed a black swirly design onto acetate and layered onto the lower part of a grainy black paper (unfortunately this doesn't show well in the pic) securing with black brads, all from stash. The black flower is from 2 sources, inner sent from USA and outer, together with the black dew drops from Crafty Feelings. The black velvet and organza ribbons are also from stash.
There we have it. Great fun to make, not so much to get a piccy as I said.
I am entering this into the Tuesday Taggers challenge for this week's BLACK request, and for the recipe challenge #13 over on StampInsanity - black paper, skulls and pearls - well dewdrops are nearly the same.

3 comments:

  1. WOW this is fabulous, can understand how difficult it was to photograph especially with the acetate. Love the shadow skull and the whole layout, thank you for sharing with us at TT this week. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'd love to do a black and white card. This is fabulous, Helen - love the stamped images and the other stamps - really lovely with that flower too - wonderful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card, the double image is a great touch and a fabulous entry for TT. Thanks for your lovely comments on my work.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete