Over at Haunted Design House this week the theme is "Evil Empire". Dedicated to those lovable rogues - the villians. So many to choose from made this project more difficult as I couldn't decide on one to begin with. I was going to try for them all. Then it all started getting messy. Scrap that idea.
I went with just the one. Ursula from the Little Mermaid. I love the way she slithers.
Next poser was "What to Make?" Nothing too complicated as the meds I'm on at the moment haven't left me with many brain cells that are awake. A book mark, that's easy enough for even me :-)
So we have the theme and the image.
This was lifted from google and coloured in by hand with promarkers. My son says the skin tone is "real to life" but the pics can't seem to capture this too well.
The BP was taken from a CD from Jem's Designs, Underworld. I spritzed this with a home made green shimmer.
The extra green seaween foliage is stamped using a Lavina Stamps image. Backed onto pearlised grey/green card. The cord is made by twisting different green embroidary silks together, the tassel made with the same colours.
The back is fairly plain
I used the offcuts from a die cutting done earlier to form a mask and spritzed the same green as on the front, this time to produce a swirl.
The cord can then be adjusted round the book whilst the image section will be marking the page.
I am entering this into the challenge over at
Haunted Design House - Evil Empire