Wednesday 23 January 2013

Is It Spring Yet?

Cold, wet, and weary of the winter weather. Even the house seems to have stayed chilly, despite having the heating on. Or is it that I'm just tired? I do know that I would like to see the start of some better weather.  Maybe 2013 is going to be a year where we get temperatures above 15degrees C in the summer months. I can dream can't I?
To lift my mood, I went for some bright sunshine colours. Yellow that heralds the daffs showing off, and acid green of new sprouted leaves and pale gold of the spring sun.
What did I do with these colours?
Stepping into spring with this gorgeous image called Spring Goddess by Rick St Dennis.
The sketch used as my inspiration is from My Time To Craft challenges.
The BP is a digi from Bearly Mine with yellow and white roses printed onto pearlised paper . The flowers are home made ribbon roses mounted onto paper flowers from do-crafts and surrounded with little seed pearls before a light dusting of  gold glamour dust. A TH die cut flower as the mount for the sentiment, stamped in green onto yellow card - also dusted with gold.
Some embossed white pearlised card and yellow lace. Lengths of the same lace and ribbon from one of the  roses were used to embellish the steps, mounted onto pearlised deep green.

The image was coloured with promarkers with just a touch here and there of glittery gel pen.

I'd like to enter this into the challenges at
My Time to Craft - Their Sketch
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Bearly Mine - Tic Tac Toe - four in a row - Lots of Layers, pearls, stamped the sentiment, Lace. Hopefully the senti counts
Sweet Stamps - Pearls and Lace

11 comments:

  1. That Spring Goddess, is quite beautiful! And you colored her even more beautifully! I totally love your step card and all the spring colors! If I could send you some of my heat here I would! Sorry for your very cold house and winter!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation, love the shape & Rick's image is fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, I love this step card. So wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this project at CDAC for the Seasonal Fun challenge.

    -Shelly
    Shelly's Images.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab step card, great image, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the DRESS. I want a dress like that..LOL Great image . Can't wait to see what you will come up with for the other challenges going on. Remember you can enter as many times as you like till March 31st. Happy crafting.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, and that's a great image...so much detail x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty card and the image is fabulous.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, Helen! the colors just scream Spring and you've colored the beautiful digi so delicately. Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I wish it was spring. It is freezing here in NH. Your card is gorgeous, Love the image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, love the image, and so beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining in the fun over at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so different! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at CDAC Seasonal Fun Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete