Sunday 26 May 2013

May's Design Team Throwdown

The Design Team Throwdown is the brainchild of Terra and Tori of Smeared Ink and owners of the forum Smeared and Smudged. For more details - head on over via my link and have a nosey.


Regular readers of my blog (are there any?) will have seen my projects for both Smeared Ink and for Haunted Design House in the past.

This project is as a member of the Rick St Dennis Design Team.
The theme was chosen by the winners of the last throwdown - Quoth the Raven blog DT - and my sincere congratulations are extended to that awesome team.
TOOTH AND CLAW
The collection of projects can all be viewed on the Airless Chambers Blog. My other teamies, Monique and Miranda, have worked their magic and you just HAVE to go look at their wondrous projects as well.

My project started taking shape in my head when Rick emailed some images and asked if they were ok. More than ok for me! I have only got 5 of them coloured and mounted so far, but there are more in the collection and room in my little book when completed.
So what would you do with these? These are not yet available in Rick's Etsy Shop but there are so many more there to sate any appetite.
 Medusa
 She Wolf
 Vampyr
 Voodoo Zombie
Witch

I made a little book
You remember those mix and match tops and bottoms books when you were a child? Well this is my version.
 The front cover has been stamped with stamps from the Zombie, Build a graveyard and the Ravens from the Holy City rubber sets from Smeared Ink.
Matching charms of a tooth and a clawed hand on both top and bottom sections. Hinged top and bottom with chain. The BP is from a set called Creature Feature from a discontinued line of papers from Crafty Chaos. 

The mesh bg here is made from stamping and heat embossing with copper. The stamp can be found in the Smeared Ink set called Quoth The Raven.  25 different combinations of tops and bottoms can be made with just 5 images. Here are just a couple.
Each "top" half of the images are mounted on black cs and then attached using a homemade spring wobbler.

That's about it from me. Don't forget to look at the other team's entries and cast your votes for the favourite collection of TOOTH AND CLAW projects.
Voting starts Tuesday May 28th.
Thanks for looking

I'd like to enter this into the challenge over at
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
Lacy Sunshine Challenges - Anything Goes

15 comments:

  1. Ha Ha this is awesome Helen! I loved those books...in fact I still do, I've got several of them still but never had one as awesome as yours :D good luck with the Throwdown xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book turned out great, must be fun to see all the different combinations you can make.

    Awesome coloring as always, you rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh how FUN, Helen! Fabulous book and the images just ROCK! love the wobble feature. Best of luck in the Throwdown. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen your project looks amazing, love it, great work and all the different images you can create you really rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful, Helen! Perfect and very imaginative too. Good luck!
    Hugs,
    Aletha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore your book, Helen! The real magic is those colored images and the addition of the wobblers. Brilliant! I imagine they give quite a show. :)
    Best of luck in the throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Creative! Thanks for playing with us this week at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen,
    So awesome!! Yes, I do remember those mix and match tops and bottoms books, and yours turned out divine! So cool!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those books..... but they were nowhere near as amazing as this my friend.
    Pure genius.
    Hope you're keeping ok...i'll call you tomorrow evening.
    Good luck in the throwdown.
    Much love always my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh now that is one wicked wee book. Awesome images, love how you've coloured them. Love your homemade wobblers too, very clever.
    Such a brilliant twist on the mix and match idea.
    Really love it
    hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABULOUS Helen! Love the mix n' match idea and you colouring is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The paper doll books oh my gosh it has been a while...love yours better than the old ones . yours is amazing colored so beautifully wow Helen i love your work.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project...fab colouring!

    Thank you for joining us over at the Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazingly Awesome!! Love all the images and when I saw them, the same thing went though my mind of the mix and match. SOOOO clever and so well made! Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my ghoul Helen, what a fabulous little book of monsters! I love it!!!!! Congrats on winning the throwdown :0)

    ReplyDelete