Friday 27 December 2013

It's PARTY Time!

Well, part way through the week between Christmas and New Year most people are looking to find that PARTeeeeeeeeeeeee venue before the 31st December rolls around - just so they know where they are going to be seeing the Old year out.  I know I won't be partying as my babysitting skills are needed for a grandchild. Mum's birthday falls on 31st December and party celebrations are being planned.

The new Delicious Doodles Challenge this week - LET'S PARTY

I made a "little card" to go with her gift.
Using Delicious Doodles' Celebrate With Cake, Let's Party Freebie, and one of the sentiments from the Mens' sentiment range.

I used the sketch from the Outlawz sketch challenge this week as inspiration.

The cake was paper pieced using some pink starburst paper and some red pearlised paper from my scrap box.

and layered up for added dimension
Mirri card - something I had to hunt for because I don't use it that often - to add a bit of a party/disco ball effect. The recipient does like her shinies so stickles on the flowers for added sparkle.
A bow to mirror that of the cake and put it all together.

I am entering this into the challenge at
Outlawz sketch challenge - Their Sketch

6 comments:

  1. Excellent hun! Hope the B'Day plans go well...!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Helen. Have a wonderful New Year!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Loving everything from colors to papers.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome and happy ....Happy New Year and have a wonderful BDay party
    hugs
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card! I hope both the grandbaby-sitting and the family birthday went well. I got here via CJS14; it's nice to meet you and see all your artwork.

    ReplyDelete