Saturday 20 September 2014

Second Catchup with Delicious Doodles

This is only a day late - so I'm that far behind now **grin**

The challenge started yesterday over a Delicious Doodles Challenges -

Tag It.
To create either a tag or a project with a tag
I went for just the tag - I love making tags for some unknown reason.

Using the cardboard back of a paper stack - almost chipboard weight. Well it was too good to waste. I needed something substantial so the it wouldn't be warped with the gesso I intended to use.

So.......... a light coating of gesso on both sides. Followed by the stencilling with more gesso of a snowflake background I have. Plenty of warm soapy water needed to clean it - gosh that stuff sticks like sh...........
When dry, some black stars sparkle medium was scraped on and off. More drying time.
My image is the Holly Sugar Skull. Printed onto card twice then reversed and printed onto cheap printer paper. Needed this for the image transfer. No way I could fussy cut all those swirls and berries.

 So some layering of the larger items after colouring with distress inks and coloured the image transfer with gel pen and metallic marker.
Some die-cuts of a poinsettia and a little sentiment (Las Vegas Stamps) a bit of ribbon to tie. Job done.

I'd like to enter this tag into the challenge at
A Step in the Dark - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. wow! This is gorgeous, Helen! Love that background and the decoupage effect ROCKS! Thanks for sharing with ASITD. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! Love it! Thanks for sharing with A Step in the Darkness!

    ReplyDelete