Wednesday 24 October 2018

And Now For Something Completely Different

I have always embraced the theory that crafters need to venture outside that little comfort zone, they create for themselves, once in a while. It helps to expand and grow and, for me, helps to encourage Mr Mojo back where he belongs. This is why, when Katy Leitch from Mixed Up Creative advertised a little Shabby Chic tutorial using a kit available from Artful Days, I jumped right in with both feet. Trepidation can come later.  I really enjoyed the series of videos that Katy made and made my own version of the hanging (of course) but did use many of the techniques, some old and some new.
This is what escaped my craft desk to hang on my wall
To be honest, I have had "a few bits" of similar ephemera in my stash for eons and never really known what to do with them and loathe to throw them away (as most crafters will identify with). I think I will now bring them out of cold storage and start using them.


No comments:

Post a Comment