Saturday 16 October 2010

I Do What I Want

Isn't that what "mad scientists" do? Well those of the Dr. Frankenstein mould do. When I saw the latest batch of images from Tellen's Place that Marcus had produced.... yep Simply Sinister it had to be. Isn't it great when you get to see before others.
The challenge over on Haunted Design House this week was the inspiration for this. Barb this week says simply sinister... that's what I hope I have achieved here.




Dr Frankenstein - or that is who he reminds me of - I don't know his real name yet- with one of his creations.... both about to create another?? The images were coloured with my pencils for a change - I wanted a softer look. The embellishment kept to a minimum, just some torn fabric and some copper coils (fallen of his electrical equipment). Just 2 BP, both from Crafty Chaos, though ~I have mixed the sets (halloween howlers and gothic bruise). Some ink distressing went on here as you can see as well. The sentiment "I do what I want" is from the Grumpies set from Smeared Ink, stamped down the side.

I am entering this into the Haunted Design House challenge #60 - Simply Sinister
also One Stitch At A Time Challenge - use a digi stamp
Make it Crafty - Distressing

12 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with this image. You are quick. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a spooky card! Great work.

    Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally sinister for sure. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, this is creepy great! I love those copper coils and the fabric and what great paper - those skulls - I do what I want....that's what Markus says all the time - used to drive me crazy! I finally named the images - this is Igor and Garf and they remind me of Dr. Frankenstein too! I should have a naming convention...these are hard to think of! You really know how to do dark! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really stunning card - love that image !! The copper wire is the perfect embellishment too. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this time and good luck in our digi challenge, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! It is a darn good thing I can't print digi paper or I would be even more poor than I am. There is some AWESOME stuff at that site.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Helen, I told you how much I loved this when I first saw it, but now I've been able to embiggen it and see the details I love it even more! Fabulous work, and that sentiment stamped down the side is perfect :D
    Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at HDH again this week, and good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS! VERY sinister. Love how you stamped the sentiment. Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have so many amazing cards on your blog, it was very enjoyable stopping by and looking today

    sarah xx
    tiggertastic blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is certainly the perfect Halloween card. Great DP and wonderful embellie. Thanks for playing with us at Make It Crafty. Hope to see you back for tomorrow's fun challenge. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous job with your distressing. I love the softness you gave to the background of the main image and then the darker edges you added to the rest of the DP. Great halloween card. Thanks for joining us at Make it Crafty. hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete