Sunday 6 February 2011

Angel or Demon?

This is a work in progress that I am posting now as the challenge that I made it for closes tonight.
The major part of the work is done, just need to decorate the outside of the little book I made.
It depicts the notion that in "All in all good people there is a little bad, and all bad people there contains a little good".
The pages can be viewed from front to back or back to front depends on your choice. It ended up being a similar thing to Lyn's (Blackdragon) project but didn't start off that way. Was only when I looked back again at the DT inspiration that I realised what I had done.
Anyway
page 1 showing the Demon in the pits of fire
page 2 The demon at the start/end of transition
3.The acetate layer on the demon 4. The 2 acetate layers with angel
5. The acetate angel over pic.










6. The fallen Angel











and finally the Angel in full wing Details
Images "Hades" and "Zhenix" from Tellen's Place Designs all coloured with promarkers on the card and DI on the acetate layers. Card from stash. Feathers were salvedged from a dream catcher that daughter left behind when she moved out.
All the pages were sewn together to form a book.
If I get the rest finished before the deadline I'll amend this post then. In the meantime I am entering the WIP to the challenge over at Haunted Design House for their challenge #74 - Angels and Demons

4 comments:

  1. Wow great process and great effect x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen.... you have done it again.... I AM AWE-STRUCK!
    What a concept... and you have made it work...totally incredible.... Demon to Angel in a few pictures.
    I am BOWING....to your dark creative genius!
    Wonderful work my f(r)iend...WONDERFUL!
    much love lynx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the effects of the angel/demon on acetate in an overlay. This book is really awesome, Helen - I swear your mind is just chocked full of so many wonderful ideas that are so interesting! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Helen, this is incredible! I LOVE it, thanks so much for playing along with HDH and sorry my comment is late :

    ReplyDelete