Monday 7 February 2011

Valentine for My Dude?


It's my wedding anniversary next week. 3 years. Second time around, for me. The challenge over at Dude Time Doodles meant I could kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. Make him a card and follow their sketch. It wouldn't be me to make him a mushy card. He'd think something was wrong with me. This image from Bonibleaux Designs fits the bill to a tee. He supports Hearts Football Club here in Scotland and their colours are maroon and silver grey. If the light here were better you'd see this was made in those colours. I hate this time of year for the light. Hopefully when the birthday fairy comes visiting, I might get a lamp that mimics daylight. I can dream can't I? Ooops off subject!! But you get the idea, hopefully.

The papers are from the mans range from Papermania from last year in the maroon and some silver grey plain paper from stash. Layered onto some maroon then onto some matt silver CS for a base. The heart shaped brads were green. I sanded that colour off to leave the silver base colour showing through.
The image was coloured with promarkers with a touch of DI round the edges.

I am entering this into the challenge over at Dude Time Doodles - Their Sketch

14 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. This is fabulous, and I love the design and that image. The sentiment is fantastic. Happy Anniversary when it arrives next week sweetie.
    Lots of love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Arnie looks FANTASTIC!! LOVE THIS! What a great anniversary day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Love it Helen!!! I'm sure your "dude"" will love it too!!

    When is your birthday??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arnie looks super - and so does your card!!! So very cute. Love those little brads too.
    Thanks for joining us at DTD.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just too funny and the sentiment is absolutely hysterical! Great anniversary card and thanks for playing along with the Dude Time Doodles sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back! You've done a great job! I love the sentiment - it can be so true. Although sometimes I think it's me who' twice the size! Super card. Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    Cleota
    DTD Dudette

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab card, thanks for joining us at DTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you did Armchair Ernie! I am prett sure he will love the non frill card! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card-the sentiment is hysterical! Great Anniversary card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great anniversary card. Love the sentiment - it can be taken in several ways :). So glad you joined us for the sketch challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehehe! I may have to start making Anniversary cards now - great card! Thanks for playing along at Dude Time Doodles - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh.... not sure my husband would want a card with that sentiment! But it sure made me SMILE!!! LOL Great card! Thank you for playing along with the Dude Time Doodles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Helen, what a great card celebrating three beautiful years with your love. I love the image; a total depiction of a man loving life the way he wants. The stamped words describe so many men all over doesn't it. I need to find one for King Mufasa for doing the same on his throne! LOL! Love what you did with the heart brads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL what a fab card! I hope you are well? Sorry I've not been in touch for ages. I haven't had chance to blog hop in ages & flit about trying to get things done all the time!! HUgs x

    ReplyDelete