Sunday 31 July 2011

Splat!!

I copied this direction direct from Haunted Design House as this project was made specifically with this in mind
"Out! Out, damn spot!"
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that is covered in spatter, splatter, drips or drops.
It doesn't have to be bloody. There are plenty of other creepy,
drippy, gooey, and oozing things that can go SPLAT!

Well, as luck would have it, I got my grab bag from a win over at Smeared Ink's forum, Smeared and Smudged. In it was this great splatter stamp. It so took the hard work out of creating a splatter in the short time I've had this weekend. I have been put in charge of the "Dark Art Forum" over at Stampin' Dymonz' Scrap Shack and I have used this as this weeks piece.
For this project I inked up some glossy card stock with bright red ink and darkened one side with black for a contrast. Covered it all with candle soot and then used the splatter stamp on both colours. Set with hairspray in the absence of silicon spray. (for full details see Splitcoast Stampers). When this was dry, the edges were given an MS makeover with the drippy goo punch. Then came the heat embossed images from Cherry Pie.


Stuck into my art journal after more heat embossing of a few words written by me
A few closeups...

















I am entering this into the challenge over at
Haunted Design House - Out Damned Spot #99 - Their challenge inspired this

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous piece Helen! I love the subtlety and the embossed images :D
    Thanks very much for playing along with us at HDH, and I'm sorry for the lateness of my comment, I've been a little swamped this week. Hope to see you on our fun blog hop this week too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous gooeyness hun!!!

    ReplyDelete