Thursday 16 January 2014

Vintage - Now That's Different For Me

Another GDT spot for me - in my capacity of EDT member for Rick St Dennis. This time I went totally outside my comfort zone. Vintage! What ever was I thinking? I've never done vintage! Here goes..........
I used the 1935 Hat Lady from the Zibbet store of Rick's. He's the sponsor over at It's All About the Vintage and Beauty for this embossing challenge.
The card is destined to be one for hubby's Auntie Rose and hope she likes it.
How'd I do?
Papers that have been in my stash for eons. Waiting, I suppose, for just this kind of card, I don't even remember the source of the papers. The bottom right piece of pale apricot card was dry embossed, before distressing everything in sight with sand paper then antique linen DI.
Pieced together with some old lace and flowers from stash.
The image was diecut with a die'sire die after colouring with promarkers.

More DI. Then backed with the same old gold as the matting, to add some more stability. This I wanted to be slightly proud of the card base so that a tag with the sentiment could be slipped in. A lady doesn't want her age to be on display, for all to see, after all.
Some added coffee coloured pearls to finish off.
Is vintage your style? Maybe you'll get to win your choice of images if you enter the challenge at All About the Vintage and Beauty. There are some more from my teamies for you to see over at Sparkle and Glitter and the Jan Freebie challenge is still ongoing there..

I'd like to enter this card into the challenge over at
Through The Purple Haze - Anything Goes
PolkaDoodles - Girly, Girly / Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, it all ties in so well. Thanks for joining us for this weeks TTPH challenge

    Sara DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Crom what can i say bar FANTASTIC....Thanks for joining us at TTPH

    Fiona DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Thanks for joining in with us at polkadoodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and wonderful image. Love the colours! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this very much!! Well done!! Vintage is not easy, but you did it with style! Thanks for joining us at TTPH :)

    Lisbeth, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely card.. Love the vintage feel..Thanks for joining us over at Through the Purple Haze..

    Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on your vintage card! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at TTPH!

    ~Ashley
    TTPH DT

    ReplyDelete