Sunday 12 February 2012

day 3 of S&S Bloody Valentine hop

Everyone still here? Anyone wanting to join in the hop that hasn't arrived from Alison's blog - The blog roll can be found up top. Some awesome artwork has been shown in this "Alternative/Different Valentine's hop" that only Smeared and Smudged do as far as I'm aware.

My day 3 project went horribly wrong. I forgot to transpose my image, doooohhhhhhhh. I ended up having to scrape it all off my canvas and start again. Hence this is as far as I have got.


As I have to go to work today there'll be no time to complete :( It's an 8" canvas and the main image is from Smeared Ink. The spatters are from another SI stamp using fired brick DI and all the drips are from another stamp (no name)

Sooooo another quickie to fill the gap
Not bloody at all really, but I did use the same "deep inside my heart" digi. Just goes to show the versitility of some stamps. It's what you put with it that makes the complete picture.
A fatbook page
.
This time in blues and purples. The image is from the "French Fairies" set from Smeared Ink.
I superimposed and flipped the image onto the "deep inside my heart" image. The fairy was coloured with promarkers. the leaves have been heat embossed in plum and some glamour dust added to the wings. The little tear drop gems were red before colouring again with a promarker.
The writing in blue gel pel to complete. Mounted on textured purple cs from stash.
Now it's about time you headed of to Jane's blog and see what she has made to inspire us all.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous is that ? !!! I love it and the canvas is Fabulous just as it is. :-) I would love to see it when it's finished :-D xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still love the first project, nothing wrong with it in my opinion, the purple one is so fab.
    super job

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh, I'm so sorry Helen. I have been sick all night with tummy stuff so my 2nd project will probably not make it up in the next couple hours, but we'll see.
    Your fat page is beautiful!!
    Don't work too hard!
    xo,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, Helen, never say it went wrong! I'm totally loving it as is - not quite being able to read it and the shadow image of the heart? Great,in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect on the canvas..... can't wait to see the finished project :)

    Your fat book page may not be bloody, but it is beautiful!.... love the image and the blues and purples work so well with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that top canvas is awesome please show us when you finish.
    your fatbook page has great colors and I love that fairie image. Background image is perfectly done looks good

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that first project went 'wrong' It look fanfreakingtastic! the fat book page is beautiful :) Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous pieces, Helen! I of course am partial to the one with the blood splatters! Love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the canvas ia already ooey gooey delicious, can't wait to see what else you're gonna do to it. I love love love that background with the fairy, how totally awesome. Fab work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the first project, i think it looks great as is, but i know what it's like to not be happy with your own work. your 'quickie' looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both projects!
    Great creation!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually like your first project too...it looks cool! your french fairies project is awesome as well!

    ReplyDelete