Friday 10 February 2012

Smeared and Smudged Bloody Valentine Hop Day 1

St. Valentine's Day has been marked by many events in the past. The most memorable of these has got to be the Valentine's Day Massacre back in 1929.
Smeared and Smudged are having our own little event, taking this as a theme, hence the name of the hop. The hop links are all up the top of my blog for the duration of this event and you should have come here via the very talented Alison if you're following the order.

My first piece is going to be hung on a wall in my den eventually, when I finish a frame.
The sketch is taken from the sketchy challenge in the forum for a scrapbook page.

Try as I might, I could not get the base card to photograph it's true colour of blood red. So you're going to have to use yoour imagination. The page features digi stamps from Delicious Doodles and Smeared Ink. Computer generated text by me.

All images are coloured with promarkers . Some glossy accents on the blood. I did wonder about using another stamp (Splatter) I have as the background but only after I'd stuck it all down. Typical.

There will be another piece tomorrow. Thankyou for looking,

Now off you pop to see what the lovely Jane has made.

17 comments:

  1. Waahahahaha - EXCELLENT.... blood and gore with a smidging of humour :-D Fabulous creation Helen xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So is it a Bloody Fountain or a Chocolate Fountain or a Bloody Chocolate Fountain? LOL
    Wonderful and inspiring work as always, Helen!

    :)tOri

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colour combination and the images you used, awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! loving the blood drips :) Shell x

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool. colors never look right when you want them too. I think it looks great though. Love your coloring. I've been seeing alot of people using promarker's. I'm gonna have to check them out. great piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome way to use the sketch! Love the subtle distressing and the dripping blood.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bwaahahaha! Brilliant idea, Croms! I love the way your mind works! Great take on the sketch and awesome combination of images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha! great combo of images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great combination of images Helen..... love your sense of humour :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Helen,
    Great job girly! I love your collage of images, they look awesome! That's cool your going to hang that in your den! Love it!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is an interesting concept, and you did a good job with the sketch!
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing piece of art.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  13. very cool! Love the combination of the different images, and yea i hate it when i figure out something I want to add after glueing everything down.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome take on the sketch! I love the image combos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. my walls are blue, so i think it would look better hanging on my living room wall ;)! wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete