Monday 20 February 2012

Wicked with Wings

The challenge over at Smudgy Antics this week is just that. I had a really bad cold last week, almost flu like, and my head wasn't thinking outside the box, as it normally does, when I started this project. I started by stamping Bo-Peep from Smeared Ink onto a piece of A4 card with a mind to mask and stamp the raven wings using DI from the "Quoth the Raven" set, again Smeared Ink.
The picture then grew from there. Ravens followed by the skellie sheep. Upside down as if the ravens were having dinner. Then the fence stamp from the same set - Killer Bo Peep's Garden. Some of the toadstools as well. Ok I could have gone on, masking and stamping, but it had to stop somewhere. A Wicked amount of masking! lol
I coloured all this with promarkers except the ravens that were dry brushed with DI (purple, green and grey) to lift from the matt black. The background was created using chalks and a finger to blend. I stamped the letters (alphabet sets) to make the words using stazon.
Then cut down the sheet and made into a wall hanging adding a couple of strips of TH iron fence die cut from vellum. Some green braid threaded through the eyelets.

Your turn.
Let's see those "Wicked with Wings" entries people.

I am entering this into the challenge over at
Haunted Design House - Garden of Good and Evil
Poisoned Peas - Freestyle

11 comments:

  1. Wow sounds like a lot of work. Fantastic entry, thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design HOuse xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Helen! As soon as I saw it, I thought it would be perfect for HDH's challenge garden this week. Glad you entered it there. And, if you have a chance, please check out my blog today there's something for you. http://dkspinner.blogspot.com Last but certainly not least, congrats on being chosen for SI's DT!!!! You deserve it! hope you're feeling better, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Helen...... Love the ravens eating the sheep..... and the look on Bo's face.....FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waahahahaha - this is soooo awesome. I love the funny/goriness about it - the poor sheepies being munched by the ravens. Excellent piece :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops - forgot .. again !!...Thank you for playing with us at Haunted Design House xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ack! What a masking task you had! I love the result! I think the ravens eating the skele sheep is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love th card, lot of work the masking but great result. Love the raven/sheep part. don't like that you gave your cold to me ;-)

      Delete
  7. Lots of work for a great result, love the card and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely wicked (in a good way), I love it. Thanks for joining us at Stampalot this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous and inspirational Helen.

    Thank you so much for joining us In the Garden at Stampalot Challenge this month, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab job with the masking! Lots of cool detail. I can almost smell those sheep. LOL Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete