Friday 1 March 2013

Crumble It with Smudgy Antics

Here I sit thinking I have got most of what I need to do almost up-to-date and I realised I didn't blog my make for Smudgy Antics this week. Dddduuuuhhhh me!
So - a few days late.....

CRUMBLE IT.

Here is the definition of crumble (verb):

  1. disintegrate, collapse, break up, deteriorate, decay, fall apart, perish, degenerate, decompose, tumble down, go to pieces
  2. crush, fragment, crumb, pulverize, pound, grind, powder, granulate, go to wrack and ruin, break down
  3. I realize other countries have different terms for the word crumble so I'm adding Crumple and Crinkle to the list as well.

That's the blurb from the blog to help with my description.
This was going to be a fatbook page but it's a bit big @ 6"x 6", it kind of took on a life of it's own and grew.
The crumbled/crinkled part is my BP as you can see. Started off life as a piece of plain red paper. After rolling into a tight ball then smoothing out slightly, the black DI pad was rubbed over. When this was dry, more scrunching and the fired brick added.
Now what to add to this?
I followed the Feb Sketchy in the Smeared and Smudged forum and the Quoth the Raven Tic-Tac-Poe diagonal elements of
Metal, Raven and die-cut. There's a few more as well, Red, flowers and sentiment.
The DP is from the All Hallows Eve stack from BazzillBasics. The stamps used here are all from the Smeared Ink Quoth The Raven stamp set. The rubber was available last month as a member of the Smeared Ink Rubber club, but the digi version is here. The sentiment has been heat embossed in black on red card. The black "smudges" under the senti are black flocking daubed on (both from WOW)- a real touchy feely bit and to keep in with the sketch. The raven just stamped onto white and fussy cut out. The die cuts with matching embossing folder are cut from red card and copper - yes real copper!. The tiny flowers down the side are metal as well. Then - just for fun - a pair of eyes peering out at you from the top corner.

So there's still over a week to get scrunching and crumbling and joining us at Smudgy Antics, what are you waiting for?

I would like to enter this into the challenges at
Smeared and Smudged - Feb sketchy challenge
Quoth the Raven - Tic-Tac-Poe
WOW! embossing challenge - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous background on there and I love the stamping. Can't wait to get my QTR rubber set :-D I really love the metal gravestone :-) Thank you for playing along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN Cromsie :-) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great showcase for all things touchy-feely!

    Thanks for joining in the WOW! Embossing Powder March Challenge and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Crumpling Helen, and FAB elements. Thanks for joining us at Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow My friend...lots of lovely crumbling... and no custard!
    I do so love this stamp set... thanks for joining us at QUOTH THE RAVEN... i love your rather fat fat-page. love always BDx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool, fab crumpling?! hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the effect of the scrunched up red background it really allows everything else to pop from the page. Fab addition of those googly eyes in the corner thank you for playing along with us at quoth the raven xx

    ReplyDelete