Monday 11 March 2013

Drop Dead Gorgeous at HDH

Week 2 of the challenge over at Haunted Design House and the rest of my fellow minions have been showing some gorgeous makes, Drop Dead Gorgeous that is. I am part of "team B". The team that reminds you to get a move on because you only have another 6 days to get your entry into the challenge. Well - what are you waiting for?
My project? - A fat book page from me - and a good excuse for me to get my Stampotique stamps out of the drawer they reside in.
Two mermaids. I realised, after talking with my son that the duo can be viewed in at least two ways. I saw them as a live one cradling the head of her dead companion, my son saw it as her throttling the life out of her. Both scenarios fit the theme. Do you see something different?
The mermaids were stamped then coloured with promarkers before fussy cutting out and joining. Then the couple were brushed with rock candy and set aside to dry while I made the base. This gives the slightly scaly look to them.
Some aluminium tape was trimmed to a wavy edge before sticking onto the 4" x 4"card base. Some glimmer mists type spray in green, lilac and midnight silver on the card and alcohol inks on the tape before running through with a crackle embossing folder. Some green flocking on some of the raised crackle to give the impression of seaweed. Some green mesh ribbon and we're ready for our stars. The green "air bubbles" are a mixture of green patina stickles and blue distress stickles - slightly less glitz was wanted.

Your turn - as I said - you have 6 days more to get those "Drop Dead Gorgeous"  projects linked into the challenge over at Haunted Design House.

I am entering this fat book page into the challenge over at
Stampotique Designers Challenge - Song Inspiration - Drop Dead Gorgeous (Aerosmith)

16 comments:

  1. Fabulously stunning and such a creepy twist to it. I deffo think she's throttling her LoL The background is amazing and I love the green netting going through there :-D Fabulous project Cromsie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so fiji mermaid wrong that it comes out fabby right-great image and very well executed-well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an oustanding project you show here WOW and WOW!!!
    XOXO
    SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your fabulously macabre underwater scene. Brilliant, my dear! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two of the Stampotique mermaids, but have yet to ink them. I am so inspired, I may just get he ink out right now! Love that fact that your son offers his opinions like mine does. Sometimes he has a better idea or eye for color than I do. Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, Just Awesome, I love this, the texture and the way you have used the images x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow so creepy cool! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me it definitely looks like throttling, too :-) I love it when the children are involved, my son likes stamping, too, and all three of them don't hesitate to offer their opinion ... Love your stunning girlies and the adorable texture of the background. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Aerosmith but love what you've did with the song title, thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes...fatbooks= Stampotique stamps! lol Love your creation and glad u joined us at the Stampotique blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card, thank you for uploading it to the Stampotique Challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant make. I love the 3D elements. The images are great and that green netting really makes everything stand out!

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete