Friday 20 January 2012

Freaky Chick

Or Chic Freaks if you want - which is the challenge over at Haunted Design House this week. Barb has arranged for an awesome sponser this week - Stampotique! This is one collection of stamps that I have been meaning to add to my collection but never got round to ordering. Always something else that the pennies need to be channeled towards.
So which image to use was my first challenge. I went for Rusalka from Smeared Ink.

I used the sketch from My Time Made Easy as the basis for the card.
The image was coloured using a mixture of promarkers (girl) and distress inks (tree) Then the background was brayered, Masking off the moon wanting a slight haze round it.


The sentiment at the bottom is a combination of 2 paper artsey stamps. Stamping the eye first then, masking that off, stamped the words on top.


















A couple of challenges I am entering this into
Haunted Design House - Chic Freaks
My Time Made Easy - Their sketch MTMEPPS44
Smudgy Antics - Masking

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME - she is one scary woman isn't she ? Fabulous brayered backing. LUV this a lot. Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics and Macabre Monday at HDH :-D xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is scary and beautiful at the same time , well done, thanks for playing with us at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I think I found me a stamp I have to have. This is deliciously evil looking haha. Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL HELEN!
    That image is stunning and you have brought it to life with your beautiful colouring.
    Thanks for joining us at HDH and Smudgy antics this week.... i hadnt realised you'd been gruesome so often! much love always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh totally fabulous!!
    love it!

    thx for playing with Smudgy antics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE her! Fabulously freaky! Thanks so much for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete