Wednesday 25 January 2012

Tall, Dark and.......

Gruesome! Yep, that's the brief over at Smudgy Antics challenge blog this week. I've been on a bit of a roll there the last few weeks, yayyy, but I know this can't last forever. I do enjoy a challenge that has me thinking outside the box. This one certainly had me stumped for a couple of hours. Which image have I got that I can turn gruesome, and that hasn't been done before?
This is what I came up with.

A page for a fatbook that I am compiling. Using the background "Deep inside my heart" (a freebie for entering the monthly Smeared Ink forum challenges a short while ago) from Smeared Ink and an image and some text from the "As Death" rubber set.
So what's so gruesome about this? you may ask. See that deckled edge? (I couldn't get it to lay down perfectly flat again with out my fingers getting in the way) Behind there lies another image.
This time from the Anatomy 101 digi set.


You reckon this fits the brief?
Now for the boring bits. What did I use to make this?
The background was digitally coloured from the original black. The images were all coloured with promarkers. On the back of the opening I used pencil so that it wouldn't seep through. The text was heat embossed with black powder and the death angel's wings were touched up with black flocking powder. This was all layered onto some black coredinations card.

I am entering this into the challenges
Smudgy Antics - Tall, Dark and gruesome
Lollipop Crafts - Wing it

11 comments:

  1. Holy cow - AWESOME !!! :-D What a brilliant idea. Great project Croms. LUV it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops - forgot to say... Thank you for playing at Smudgy Antics this week YaY :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Helen! And the way you opened up her guts is wonderful! LOL! Thank You for sharing the technique of how you did it! Hugs and Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've nailed this one, Helen! I adore your gruesome creation! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awefully FABULOUS Helen, LOVe LOVE love it
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hidden extras!......FAB creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh that is creative! way to rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, what a clever Idea to pu a hidden secret in yoour card, I love it, thanks for playing at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  9. gross! I love it!!! what a great idea! thanks for playing at Smudgy Antics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool idea with the flaps Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Going for Top 3 again - eh? I think you're a Top 3 button addict and just can't help yourself! Haha! Great job and this is completely awesome! I am in awe of your talent and great imagination. Fantastic work as always!

    :)tOri

    ReplyDelete