Saturday 21 January 2012

A simple card??

The reason for the question marks is the colour I've worked with. Why do I have this mental block when it comes to working in pink. It should be easy enough. I've done a few now in recent months but I still feel a sense of dread when picking up pink papers to work with. I had loads of choices with the new card kit from Duck Pond Crafts, but pink was on top of the pile.
I used the sketch from Sketches by Carly. I was too late with last weeks entry by just a couple of hours. I'd used the last sketch for my Delicious Doodles DT card.



The piece of paper had some vintage looking details and chose to use just that corner as my main image. Matting it onto some of the card in the kit and used a co-ordinating piece of pale green behind. All pieces have been distressed both with coarse sandpaper and some ink. The main backing is pale cream card which, cut to size, was first stamped and heat embossed with pale pink on one side (papermania hearts stamp) then the other side was dry embossed; running through the bigshot with the card carefully positioned in the folder so that only the plain bit was embossed.



The lace from the kit was threaded with thin satin ribbon, the same ribbon being teamed up with some coffee ribbon from my stash. A ribbon rose made and teamed with one of the charms from the kit and a heart shaped bead from stash.










The pearls added are also in the kit











I am entering this card into the challenges
Sketches by Carly - Sketch #48
Simply Create Too - Love is in the Air
Colour Create - Pink and Green with hand made flower
Craft Us Crazy - Valentine/Love
Crafty Creations - Valentine
PaperPlay - Ribbon, Every Which Way

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is just BEAUTIFUL!! I love the sweet and subtle image with your soft pretty papers and that lace is so awesome!! I'd be tempted to get the kit just for the ribbon ;) But the papers are great too! Thanks so much for playing with us at SKETCHES BY CARLY!! Hope you'll come back to play again!

    Kris n' Carly
    SKETCHES BY CARLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous!!!

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenge!
    kaos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Helen, I have been so bad at popping by to say "Hi" and to check out your creations! I will try to do better in the future! I am loving this simple? card! I don't think it is simple; but I sure do love it and all of your other creations! Hugs and Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great creation:-))

    Thank you for joining our challenge:-))

    Sylvia
    DT member Colour Create

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the details on your card, especially the ribbon threaded through the lace. Thanks for joining us at MTME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!:)
    Love the ribbon and the rose. Thanks for playin'.

    xxCARLYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty and girly Helen, I love your lace use too...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete