Monday 8 July 2013

An Imminent New Arrival

I am about to be made a Nana for the second time. Our first grandchild was born nearly 7 years ago and he's hoping his baby sister will make her arrival very soon. The due date is two days before his birthday. I think he's wanting to be a brother well before though. So with trepidation, I started on a PINK new baby card.
As most of my followers will know by now, this is not my normal kind of card, but I will not buy one for this special occasion. Delving deep into my forgotten stash, pink glitter card, pink gems, pink ribbon and a scrap of pink miri card. Nearly there. Image? No stamps suitable. I did however remember a CD I had. One bought last year for a new baby boy arrival for a friend. Jem's Designs CD to the rescue. CDs for both girls and boys in the set. I'm all set. Dies and hougie board also at the ready with some lovely pearlised white card as well from my bit box.



I hope my followers have recovered from the shock.
The pearlised card was scored at centimetre intervals on the diagonal and those pink gems stuck on. The image was printed onto silk photo paper twice before cutting out and mounting together with the other elements, giving it some dimension.
Job done.
Thanks for looking

I'd like to enter this into the challenge at
Krafty Hands - Pretty in Pink

9 comments:

  1. So pretty My friend.... really lovely.
    I find out on wednesday if i'll have another grandaughter or a grandson later this year... guess which i want?....i really dont mind.... but theres a lot of pink around so some blue would be nice.
    Hope you're keeping well. Much love always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great as always! Very sweet for a sweet baby. Congrats on the new family member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Very feminine, delicate and pretty. I love the embossed detailing. Beautiful work.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous hun! A change is as good as a rest, lol. Get that black back out!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card. Love that image. thank you for joining us at Kraftyhands blog challenge this month. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Helen! The card is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helen,
    Love the use of the glitter paper and rhinestones. Your image is just precious as can be! What an awesome welcome baby card! Great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Helen This is a beautiful card and I know you are excited to see your new Grand baby.
    Love and hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh - I had to sit down to view this lovely 'pink' creation :-) !!!
    Fantastic card Cromsie and many congrats. This is one card to be treasured :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete