Sunday 23 January 2011

ABC


ABC of Christmas that is. I know, I've hardly got over making cards for last year but this year I'm starting early. So much got put on hold last november and december, I don't want that to happen this year. The challenge over at the ABC Christmas Challenge blog might help me get closer to my goal.
This week it's B for Black and White. Even got a freebie to use donated by Dustin Pike.








This is my take on it. I was following the sketch over on the group "Craft Mad and Loving It" in the Craft Bubble. It is white - but even with my light box - everything changes colour slightly.
All the BP were donated last year by a friend so have no idea where they're from.
The image was coloured entirely with black watercolour pencil, matted onto black then more white.

The sentiment is from Sentiments 4 You. The snowflake is a punch and emboss in white mounted onto black.

Entering this into
the ABC Christmas Challenge - The theme and image
Crafts And Me Challenges - Monochrome
Easy Craft Projects - Black and White
Crafty Cardmakers - Use only pencils
The Make It Colourful section of Make It Crafty - Monochrome

6 comments:

  1. This is so cute and love the design - black and white is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge! love the way you did the card and image in Black and White, Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Christmas cards already! You'll be organised! LOL!Gorgeous card, love your B&W colouring with only a black pencil!
    Thanks for playing in the Make It Colourful challenge. Viv :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorjuss card hun, such a great layout and great image as well

    thanks for getting crafty at crafty cardmakers
    hugs
    Judie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card. Love the monochrome look with the pencils.

    Thanks so much for joining our Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

    ReplyDelete