Saturday 29 January 2011

Shades of Copper


A glittery, glitzy card. For me that is. I'm still practising this girly side of card making. This time my attempt is in lots of shades of copper. From the copper gel pen on the image through the copper cosmic shimmer on the dark amber card and pearlised copper to the ribbons.

The SweetPea image itself is coloured using promarkers for the main part with just some hints picked up in the copper gel pens. The body seems not to be coloured but it is. I'm blaming it on the light at the moment.
This is layered onto pearlised copper with a piece of the glimmer misted card. The hand made paper beads have been painted with a shimmer as well.
Copper/bronze metal ribbon and copper organza added.
Some coppery brads in the corner
The sentiment reads "follow your dreams" was stamped onto a scrap and has some little gems in the corners.


I took a pic from a different angle to give an idea on the glitz on here.

I am entering this into the challenge over at Sweet Pea Stampers - Glamour and Glitz
In A Sweet Pea Dream - Talk To Me

8 comments:

  1. Whoa! This is amazing! Rich, elegant and beautiful, I love all the subtle hues of copper and the way it's all pulled together. Super fantastidc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Helen. How beautiful. I love these copper shimmer colours. Lovely layout, looks gorgeous with that border, (you know me and borders). Your image is very serene and beautifully coloured. Absolutely stunning creation. See, you can do Girly. I love it. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen, how gorgeous - love the copper papers and the "girly" card. Those beads are ultra cool! you've definitely captured beauty with copper and I love copper - mostly copper pots but this definitely turned my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, love the copper shades you've used. Thanks for sharing with us this time over at Sweet Pea Stampers. Good luck. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply amazing!! I adore everything about it!

    Thanks for joining us this week at In A Sweet Pea Dream and hope to see you again soon!

    KymKreates
    DT Sweet Pea Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I have Sweet Pea candy on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - love the copper mettalic look!!!

    ReplyDelete