Saturday 8 January 2011

Dotty

I'm going soft in my old age I think. There's no need to agree with me.
Anyway I've started on my valentines cards. I know there's ages but I want to be ready and I'm not sure what time I'll have between now and then. Also it's my wedding anniversary just before as well. I daren't not have a card ready for that!!!
Following the sketch over at Sunday Sketch and Stamp and using a Kenny K image, the freebie for this month, I have this to put away for a month.

The BP is actually red with white polka dots, but try as I did, I cannot get the light right to show it properly. This was matted onto some apple green then moss green card base.
The heart die cut and the image section have been distressed with barn door DI and the decoupaged image coloured with promarkers. The image section was layered onto distressed core-dinations CS. The sentiment was computer generated and covered with a dotty net fabric. The ribbons (sage green with bright green spotted layered on) and little jewels also from stash.

I am entering this into the challenges over at
Kenny K's Krafty Girlz #25 - theme is hearts
Sunday Sketch and Stamp #44 - their sketch
WinterWonderland - Let's go Dotty

8 comments:

  1. Fab card Helen I'm sure Hubby will adore it just don't put it somewhere to safe and forget where you put it lol (I've done that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart girl, Helen - and how cute you send Valentine's Day cards. I love this image; teddy bears are my favorite. Your colors come through so wonderfully! I love polka dotted paper and that sentiment rings right through - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Helen with such a cute little bear and its never too early to start on Valentine's cards. This is a great take on my sketch. Thanks for playing along with SS&S this time. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH This is simply adorable.. Love all the pink very lovely work.. Thanks for joining us at KKKG this week.. Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so sweet ,thanks for joining KKKG this week
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie! Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland this week. Good luck! Miria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Cromsie!! you made a cutsie card!!! LOL wtg!! I know this must have been hard for you not to sneak a goblin in there xxx it is a luffly card huni xx

    ReplyDelete