Friday 14 January 2011

Love you to death


I am such a numpty!!!!! I made this for the Delicious Doodles Challenge and didn't get it posted on time!
The light at this time of year is horrendous and I ended up taking over 50 pics trying to get it right. So please excuse the pic quality. These are the best I could come up with.










The challenge was to use your new stash/technique.
Well, the image from Delicious Doodles, Loves Faded Memory, I've had a short while but not used before. The flowers are however a new way for me. I also used my new big shot with embossing plates and swirly pattern stencil.
The flowers are fabric, and now the type has gone from my head. A chiffony type. I lightly singed the edges of some rectanges and stitched loads together to form a rose type flower.
The papers are all from Crafty Chaos, Halloween Bride and Decadent Grunge sets.
The swirly section is made from core-dinations cards stock, run through an embossing plate and sanded.
The sketch followed is that over on the Smeared and Smudged forum so I do get to enter it in there.

Creative Cowgirls Challenge Blog wants to see "something new" so I'm going to show this over there. That'll be my flowers and the use of my bigshot.
There is a new challenge blog now as well - Sparkles Forum Challenges. They have a "New Things" challenge also.
I'm also entering this into Delightful Challenges who have an Easel card challenge going on.

9 comments:

  1. Smashing but what a shame you missed the challenge deadline because of the light - good luck with finding a way round that problem for the future . . . a light box perhaps?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and those flowers is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card love the image and what a shame you missed the dead line the light is an issue in our house to small windows not good for pics
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean about the light, sorry about the challenge tho, your card is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi There.

    Great card, an i love them flowers, will have to try them..

    Thanks for joining us at SFC, good luck.

    Huggies Angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card thanks for joining us at SFC good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! This is so cool!! Glad you decided to share it with us at Creative Cowgirls :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so interesting. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Cowgirls!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a spooky card! Colors are perfect for this card!
    Thanks for playing along at creative cowgirls challenge,
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete