Monday 14 May 2012

MASQUERADE

Smudgy Antics challenge this week

Create a project depicting a masquerade ball or party.
Use an image that has a mask or costume in it.
Create a mask for a masquerade.
Use a masking technique in your project.
So what did I come up with? Well I have an image with a mask, I've used masked stamping and TH masks and distress inks to make this....


An articulated octagon card. I was having a wander through the Joanna Sheen web site after ordering a few bits and bobs and this is in the tuition bit - by Sheila Weaver.   

OK - I haven't got the template - but I'm used to improvising.
First I had to work out the placement of my main images - before printing them off. I did a mirror of the image Luna from Smeared Ink. (Also printed the images onto plain copy paper to act as my mask.) Cut the image base to the calculated size and shape.
Coloured with promarkers. Masks cut out and stuck on temporarily. Out comes the flowers from Bo-Peep's build a garden rubber set. I had to make maskes for these as well to get the layered look.  Still with the Luna masks in place, I ink distressed with "tumbled glass" DI. .
Next the card base. Using the image piece as a template, the required shape was cut with a knife and folded.
Before attaching the images, I decorated the card base using the TH masks and more of the tumbled glass DI with some wild honey DI for the contrast. The sentiment "Smell the flowers" from the Smeared Ink Faes rubber set The same inks and a different TH mask used for the image backs that can be seen.
and the top view
. Some flowers (Duck Pond Crafts) of similar shape as the stamps and colours of the inks were attached with little button centres.

Simple looking, but with a bit of a difference.
Your turn to masquerade with us at Smudgy Antics.
Don't forget to go see what the rest of the DT have created for your pleasure and inspiration if you need it.

A couple of challlenges
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Anything Goes


5 comments:

  1. wow great card, looks complicated to make it, love the way you coloured Luna and the flower background is so cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very clever!!! Great choice of colours very fresh spring-like :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and very creative layout. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! That was a lot of work, but it paid off because the result is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! You are the Queen of Masking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG - doubly AWESOME. This is truly fabulous :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete