Thursday, 16 July 2015

Smeared 'n' Smudged Hop with an Art Doll

It's been a long while since I joined in one of Smeared and Smudged hops. My bad! Time has always been an issue for me - never enough hours in the day for one thing but when I saw the topic of this month's hop I felt that I just had to join in. I have thought about doing one of these for a while but  never got round to it. This was the goad to get me to sit down and create. Using a given template from The Enchanted Gallery, this site has some amazing pieces of art in the gallery - well worth a look.
This is what I came up with

The image was cut from the white card and the elements I wanted were glued to patterned paper. Then the essential part of any S&S project, the stamping, began.

 The Eye is from TH carnival set and the eye has been highlighted with glossy accents. The hat is from Aly's Inky Fingers as is the clock faces and keys used on the legs and arms. The skirt made from some satin ribbon, lace and organza. A little key charm on a length of chain as a "belt" a few pearls added to the hat and a small crown charm as a pin.

The wings are decorated with the raven wings from the Smeared Ink "Quoth the Raven" set using gilding flakes.

The necklace is made up of a collection of small watch parts set into glossy accents.

Here's the full blog hop list now so you guys can go see some more art doll inspiration

Blog Hop
Susan R.

Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Lost in Music

WOW has it been that long since I posted here?  I must admit I've been suffering from a serious lack of mojo in recent weeks and that is, no doubt, something the majority of you out there can identify with.  I did, however, get my finger out and put together this wooden desk tidy that was picked up at one of the craft fairs I was lucky to attend earlier this year. It's been sitting there, in a bag, waiting patiently for a few weeks. Finally it's voice was heard and I set to. needing to get it out on the desk.
It's a three box tidy, different sizes.  First the MDF needed to be sealed and a mixture of PVA glue and black paint achieved this. When this base coat was dry, each of the four sides were treated to a different design. I would then be able to ring the changes occasionally by turning them round in the base tray.
I apologise in advance about the picture quality - I lost my camera and needed to use that on my mobile phone.

The first side
Inspired by Pantera's "Cemetery Gates" and being my DT piece for Haunted Design House this month. "Lost in Music" - any project inspired by a piece of music.

 This is how all the sides, when assembled, fit together. For the post, the sides were photographed as I went along.

The music score BG is a stamp from Visible Image. Stamped using a silver pigment ink and dusted with silver pan pastel. Sealed with DecoArt Decoupage. The inchy stampbord panels were joined in sets of 4, coloured with distress inks before stamping with some inchy stamps from Inkadinkadoo. The little panels then edged with silver embossing powder before adhering to the sides with glossy accents.
The second side

These are decorated using the rubber versions of "Haunted Places 1" that were available from Smeared Ink and now available in digi format from the Zibbet shop of Rick St Dennis.
The third side
these sides have been stenciled firstly using silver DecoArt metallic paint. then the big skull from the skull sheet of Rick St Dennis was printed out a number of times in 3 different sizes. These were decoupaged  before dipping in UTEE.
The fourth side
Heat embossed using a stamp in my collection of unknown origin and silver embossing powder.