Monday 11 June 2012

Bad Baby

Smudgy Antics have a new challenge out today as well. This week the theme is "Bad Baby". All the DT have chosen images from the Babies of the Damned digi set from Smeared Ink. I chose "wants up" as my image to make this candle and box.. After all, Smeared Ink and the sister forum Smeared and Smudged are all about being different,

First I coloured my image with markers then scanned it as I needed it to go on really thin paper and colouring on that would not be successful. Made a png image and super-imposed onto a background from Moonlight Journey. I did enhance the red for more of that hellish look. Paper cut to size and heat set into the wax. TH iron gate border cuts in red added top and bottom with red sequins. I was aiming for that fiery look, I hope I succeeded.
The box is made from an A3 sheet of pearlised card sprayed with cranberry colourwash.
The bottom  has more of that die cut this time in orange that has been smudged with red DI.. The promlems I had in taking a pic in the light here grrrr even here I have only masked out some of the glare.
The rest of the DT have out done themselves and well worth a look.
What are you going to show us this week? I wonder.

I am entering this project into a couple of challenges
Crafty Cardmakers - No cards, tags or ATCs
Ohh-la-la creations challenges - Baby Baby
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes



9 comments:

  1. Love the colours you have used for both the candle and box! Love the cranberry colourwash. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool idea to make a candle, love how it turned out, beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very complicated but looks totally worth all that effort. Love the colors and all the cool details. Your work is so interesting - I always love to see what you have created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an unusual candle not seen anything like this before so creative
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word this is so different. Very clever. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La Challenges this time.
    hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, very creative. who doesn't like candles? I have no idea when it comes to using technology, re sizing etc lol. great job. the images and colours look great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Supremely awesome! I love the background colors and think it's fabulous that you've designed a wicked candle with matching gift box! Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colour choice.
    Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is too cool, that main image is just awesome. Lets admit it, babies can be like this sometimes :)O

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete