Thursday 14 June 2012

a Gift Card

If you were around my blog in Feb then you will have seen I made one of these cards then. It's a design I like to save for really special cards. I was asked to make one by a family member as a gift. Of course I would. I did manage to steer the conversation away from tatty teddy  lol.
I took a pic of the inside before lacing as the acetate, I knew, would glare and the inside would not photograph well.
The image is from Jem's Designs, A Fairies Haven. Printed onto silk photographic paper. Before adding her to the BP, I stamped all over the blue and silver BP with a text stamp from Andy Skinner's Gothic stamp collection using weathered wood DI. Then heat embossed, in silver, the winged heart and cherub from the same set. Some TH swirls cut from glitter card and some home-made organza ribbon flowers. A small pearl detail and a light touch of stickles to the fairy pic completed this bit. The same organza ribbon was threaded through the card and attached acetate.
On the outside, see what I mean about the acetate? This came already foiled with silver butterflies.
The card base is a sheet of textured pearlised silver. I used a flower nestie to cut an aperture from the gate-folded card, laying the nestie inside the card layers so that only the one layer got cut. Some holes cut and eyelets set for lacing. Some more of those glitter card swirls, another flower and a stamped sentiment using cobalt blue ink. The laces are blue waxed cotton thread.
Job done.

I'd like to enter this card into one or two challenges
Just Keep on Creating - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and I love that lace up too gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure gorgeousness!!! This is a stunning creation! A real gift all by itself! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous , love the blue and the imaage

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous! I love the blue and the lacing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING - beautifully made and such a gorgeous colour. I love this :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this card, the shoelace detail looks amazing.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete