Thursday 7 June 2012

the Bird of Paradise

One of the ladies over at the Smeared and Smudged forum has started up a new challenge blog. The Game. This week the challenge is entitled "Jacks R better". Use a knave playing card. Well I don't have any playing cards to hand, let alone a spare jack. So I made one. I used the image "Wants Up" from the Smeared Ink Babies of the damned set. I manipulated the image so that it looked like that on a playing card, and added 4 smaller versions in the corners before printing out. Coloured with promarkers. Then masked off the images before spraying with home made glimmer mists in blue and mustard yellow.
Then, with masks still in place, I overstamped with a diamond pattern (creative expressions) using distress ink then the sentiment, again from creative expression but a different set.
This pic I hope shows the glimmer.

I am entering this card into the challenge over at
The Game - Jacks R Better

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome, love the Daemon Babies as the "Card"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background Helen and your Daemon Babies are FAB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow gorgeous card goodluck at the challenge. So much fun to play

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is different, creating your own card...I applaud your ingenuity! VERY clever. Not sure if it will qualify or not, as it specifically says use a JACK face card or an image of a JACK face card.
    Thanks for joining us at THE GAME.
    Susan G (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, that sentiment is really, really true, but I don't think most the world understands this. Greed is such an ever-present thing deep within us and most don't know how to overcome it - so appropriate you used the image you did. I really, really like this card!!! Smart girl!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, I have been mulling this over, and since one of my own DT members created their own JACK (though the problem lies in you can not distinguish whether it is a jack, queen, or king) I allowed her creation to be shared, so it is only fair that you entry be allowed also! :) I am happy to let you know this.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooops....PS for THE GAME...Susan G

    ReplyDelete
  8. and more info...Chrislyn's example does have jack images in it...they are in the diamonds, and in the flames. I had to look close myself. But you are in :)
    Thanks again for playing THE GAME.
    Susan G(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great work on this one. fab creative idea too
    Thanks for joining us at 'The Game'

    June (DT The Game )

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is brilliant, very creative, I love it lol.

    ReplyDelete