Thursday 14 June 2012

Friends Forever

I was asked to make a card by hubs so that "the boys" can give a card to their favourite barmaid when she leaves to go onto other pastimes. The brief was "pink, glitzy, girly and have a horse on it" I hope I covered it with this card. Hubs likes it so that's ok.
I used the image "Friends Forever" from Delicious Doodles. I used my pencils and babyoil to colour.
I used the sketch over at Sketch Saturday to put all the elements together to make the card
.All the mats are of pale green glitter card. The panel behind the image is cream card embossed after applying tattered rose DI to the embossing folder. Some pink, satin edged, organza ribbon overlaid with pink/green grossgrain under both these panels.
Some pink pearl swirls with added tiny gems across the top.
The charm contains a "good luck" flower cut from shrink plastic, the chain attached with a pearl brad.

Across the bottom - flowers. From Duck Pond Crafts as was the little horse charm. These were white before a light dusting of pale pink promarker. Again attached with some pearl brads. Just a dash of stickles because I was asked for glitzy


Wow, that's two girly cards on the trot.

My regular followers will wonder where the Croms they know has gone. Normal service will be resumed soon; but coming out of that comfort zone can be a good thing to help strengthen those weaknesses.


I will be entering this card into the challenge over at
Sketch Saturday - Their Sketch
Shopping Our Stash - Use 2 different ribbons/twine
Crafty Creations - Use a charm
Just Keep On Creating - Anything Goes




15 comments:

  1. This is so cute. I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous....fabulous image and colouring.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. now there is one more use for baby oil. my daughter would love that card, she is horse mad, Ill be using that stamp when her b'day rocks round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... but Helen you do girly so well! Do i see glitter card stock? Imagine what we could do with that in the hols? No...please dont bring me some...:) much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. good shading of image and you certainly fufilled the whole girly critera. EE

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute and beautiful coloured

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! So perfectly personal, I'm sure she'll love it. I especially love that cute charm! Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful work

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the image & your colouring too! Thanks for joining us over at SOS for our "double the ribbon" challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovey - your colouring is outstanding. I think she will be delighted with this pretty creation. What a delight :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very gorgeous bet she loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Love the image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card...great embossing and love the charms! Thanks for joining in the ribbon challenge at Shopping our Stash this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is just beautiful, I love the main image and the way its been coloured in.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creation at Anything goes, Just keep on creating, I hope you will continue to play along. Sorry about the the delay in leaving my comment I have been overseas and then got sick, I will be announcing the winners and will have the next challenge by 01/09 :)

    ReplyDelete