Monday 4 June 2012

True Blood!

A tribute to that TV series True Blood is the theme over at Haunted Design House this week. Now, if like me, you've never seen the programme, this might seem daunting. I used good old Google to find out more before I made my piece. I warn you now - the red is really a deep blood red. in some places it takes on an orange hue -  totally blaming the light here.
This is my twisted easel card I made.
I had to box it to keep some of the light away.
The main image and the tag inside is from the Eternal Matrimony paper set from Jem's Designs. They do have some glorious gothic images. This image seems just right for this theme. The BP is plain red paper that I stamped the script from the Andy Skinner range, gothic stamp set, at Personal Impressions. Then over stamped with Smeared Ink's Blood spatter rubber stamp and heat embossed in red. The cross is a digi from Smeared Ink's Glam Vamps' Accessories. This was printed onto red 4 times and cut out layered up with pinflair with a ring pin between the layers and dipped in UTEE. This was then able to be decorated with some beads and attached with a brad to the card. Some red and black heart lace from stash. Then there's that favourite punch - the MS drippy goo one

The grey paper is from Crafty Chaos. The layout for the inside is from the Smeared and Smudged Very Sketchy challenge for June. I added some die cut leaves - white painted lightly with silver and the roses are a TH pine cone die cut. Rolled tightly and some glossy accent dripped on and when dry coloured this with promarker. There is some gathered black tulle under it all.
See what I mean about that orange :( but you get a better look at the inside here. Some little red tear drop gems finished this card off.

Your turn folks. Get those fangs out, show some of the scarlet and show us truebie or not truebie.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely immense and very apt considering you haven't seen True Blood. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card, love the image with the glasses, I have to try to make a twisted easel card sometime, looks so cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen this easel card is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I have this paper pack ..... you have made it work perfectly for the theme .....FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh, so ELEGANT! Love the twisted easel and your fab embellies, but mostly that blood RED! Gorgeous! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful helen..alot of delicate work
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can so see the Trueblood characters drinking out of these glasses. Wonderfully elegant creation!!!!

    ReplyDelete