Monday 18 June 2012

elegant and creepy

Hi everyone, normal service has resumed here in the Cubbyhole. At least for a while. Back to the style I love to create instead of those that I need to make. Don't get me wrong; I love to create, I just prefer the darker side of crafting. Anyway.
I wouldn't normally use the same project for a DT piece but my tag for Smudgy Antics went horribly wrong. The theme for Haunted Design House is "Eerie Elegance"  and the theme for Smudgy Antics is "Pretty Creepy". So this tag fits them both.
I used the dead dancer from Smeared Ink. Printed onto printed vellum and lightly coloured in with pencils. the image torn out and turned over so the reverse is what you see.
The tag was inked with distress re-inkers, using a folded baby wipe. Then spritzed with more distress ink mixed with water and a touch of pearlised paint. Rubber stamps from Smeared Ink's Holy City set
A shrink plastic grave stone just hand written and coloured before shrinking, with a small pearl added. The dancer applied with all over spray adhesive and outlined with crackle accents.
A handmade, burnt organza flower with black tulle added with a tie using ribbons of the same colours as on the tag.
Done.
All that's left for you to do is go visit the other DT members and see their amazing pieces. A comment or two would make their day.

9 comments:

  1. this is lovely, the colour is yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous! I wish my printer would print on vellum instead of just eating it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow the colour is awesome, great idea to print on vellum, have to try that one...
    Great tag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very artsy and I like the technique! So creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful creation Cromsie - love that background effect :-D It's just fabulous xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag Helen, the Dead Dancer looks like a ghost and the colours FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very dark and beautiful Helen.
    hugs,
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cool effects, here. Love the image on vellum and the background rocks. Fabulous, my dear. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully dark, Helen! The background effect is awesome and I love the stamped graveyard images combined with the dead dancer. The organza flower with the black mesh adds the perfect finishing touch and you couldn't have picked a better sentiment. Hauntingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete