Friday 23 July 2010

Grandson's 4th Birthday


WOW - 4 already. I don't know if it's my old age but it seems like only yesterday that I was marvelling at how small he was, wrapped up in "swaddling clothes" at the hospital. He has been a source of joy to me. "Helping" Nana, reading to him, playing with him. Nothing beats that feeling when he breaks away from his mum's grasp to run down the drive because he can't wait for a cuddle together. He has that instinct that only the very young and animals have to know something is not quite right without being told. eg He knows when I need to rest and will get one of his books out. OK - I'm a proud granny and we'll all say the same thing about our own. My words are here for those that want to read them.
Anyway - I couldn't give him just a shop bought card this year, now, could I?
Using an image from Tiffany Doodles for the 4 and the "happy birthday" circle from Digital Design Divas and the Dragon from Stamping Dragon Designs, I made this "penny slider" card, using a thicker card than normal - I wanted it to be fairly robust. The card was sprayed with cosmic shimmers for that sheen. All other lettering was done using word art and cut out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. This is so cute, lots of lovely bright colours and really cheery. I am sure that your lovely Grandson will love it.
    Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete