Monday 7 March 2011

An Altered Bag

This week is extra special - not only have we got a new Diva joining the team, non other than Sarah T, but an embellishment challenge as well over on Tellen's Place. Hop on over and have a peek. But before you go I'd like to share my little project.
The challenge itself is to create something with at least 2 embellishments. My chosen ones were ribbons and buttons.
I was raking round the attic for something else when I come across a very plain bag. The ideal object to try a new technique on. I got the idea from over on CDAC. Printing onto fabric. (See also my previous post, although posted first, was done after this project.)
I used two of the "Dark Images" from Tellen's Place, Creepish
and Colbra.

Printed onto starched fabric and coloured with fabric paints before machine stitching onto the bag. Adding ribbon and buttons to make my "tree".


I am entering my bag into the following challenge
Stamp Something - Digi week

3 comments:

  1. Hello Helen. I love how you have altered thios bag, you are so talented. Love the addition of all the buttons and the images look great on there too. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen, this is a great bag. Thanks for showing the tute so we can try to make it too. I love how the texture shows through on the bag and below on the tee-shirt - really nice.

    ReplyDelete