Tuesday 14 August 2012

The Gold Bug

Poe's version that is. A short story as opposed to a poem but still well worth a read or two.
Quoth the Raven blog has set this month's quest as representing  what this story says to us. I have been tardy and not completed the many projects pictured in my head for this challenge blog, for this I apologise, as it is run by some good friends and fellow DT members on other challenge blogs. Slap me now or forever keep your peace dears xx  lol.
This piece started life so very different from the finished project. I just couldn't seem to fit in what I wanted to. This ended up being a fat book page instead of the ATC I planned. Oh well! The best laid plans ... etc.
You want to see the picture of course....
Front page

and underneath 

The images of the treasure map and Skull and Crossbones are from Delicious Doodles. The goat is from Reusable art - a site with royalty free images.
The gold bug itself was from google images, printed 6 times and layered up before coating with UTEE.

I am entering this into the challenge at
Quoth The Raven - Quest 12 - The Gold Bug

9 comments:

  1. Magnificent as usual. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That bug is just amazing!

    :)tOri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. brilliant bit of work, I keep meaning to play over at quoth the raven. I need to brush up on my poe first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that bug looks like it is real, great pages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super AWESOME - so glad you came and played with us at QTR. The bug is amazing and I love the back page. Wonderful :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is totally on the different end of the scale from mine but I love what you do :-) your work makes the person see in it what they want to see. Love it!
    Huggles Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bug is FAB Helen, in fact the whole card is pretty amazing! Thank you for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful They look old world wonderment.How incredible..to see the old world look is just delicious to the senses..awesome art helen.
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that bug is immense. Seriously brilliant work xx

    ReplyDelete