Friday 13 December 2013

Hairy Legs and Delicious Doodles

Morning folks
Something a bit different in the challenge over at Delicious Doodles this week. Something that is only Christmas if you choose it to be. The theme is
Hairy Legs

I did choose to go down the Christmas card route - another to add to the pile. Seems I need a few more for a couple of family members.
The image I chose is "Bark at the Moon" a beautiful image for winter.
Teamed with the Christmas Snowflake Border
The Snowflake Border was finished off with icicle stickles with some on the snow of the tree.
The colour palette of pale blue, white and silver - well that is one of my favourite combinations for this kind of card when giving. So many are red and green, it makes a change to have something different to give.
The papers have been in my stash since last year sometime and I have no idea of the origin but the pack came with sheet of silver on white and silver on blue and because I didn't have any double sided papers that would suit I backed the blue version with the white. 
The aperture measured and cut to size and the flaps secured with snowflake brads  A little Christmas greeting stamped with blue archival ink onto shrink plastic and affixed with clear thread with some silver balls.
After attaching all this to the card base, more little blobs of stickles added to the edges of the pre-shaped card.
Now to make the envelope, lol
Looking forward to seeing your Hairy Legs guys

I am entering this into the challenge over at
Through the Purple Haze - Favourite Christmas colours (This is just one combo I have)

4 comments:

  1. Wow.....what a super card....its so different but very elegant too...i love it.

    fiona dT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sketch on this! Beautiful papers and that is my very favorite DD image. This is a super Christmas card. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just magical, Helen! Love the shape and how you've framed Teri's fab image. Gorgeous, gorgeous, GORGEOUS! xxD

    ReplyDelete