Saturday 14 December 2013

More of those Baubles

Please see the previous post for the rest and my story.
In fairness to the different artists/companies I have separated the posts.
This bauble features a little tree. One that Rick St Dennis drew last year for the Creepmas bloghop that I took part in. This year is far too busy for me to undertake it on my own so I'm just doing a couple of posts for the RSD, Tutorials and Comments blog.  This little beauty is called the Creepmas Tree Monster.
This one was primed first with black gesso before applying picket fence crackle paint. When dry my little pre-coloured tree was printed onto cheap printer paper and fussy cut out. Gel medium applied to the front of the image and pressed into the surface of the bauble. Then more of the waiting game until this was totally dry (overnight). Water and a gentle rubbing finger to remove the paper leaves the image in place. A gentle dusting of burnt sienna and copper pan pastels to add a bit of depth. A further coating of crackle paint - this time clear. Then when that was dry the whole thing was given a coat of sealant. (Americana Decou-page) 

4 comments:

  1. Wow...thank you for this tutorial...I will certainly be trying this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cool technique! Not sure I have the patience, though. LOL I assume you put the image colored side down? xxD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - coloured side down with gel medium to the bottom

      Delete