Sunday 16 May 2010

My first Tag

Yes - my very first!!!
Tellen's Place challenge this week is "Tag you're it". Armed with a few of their wonderful images, which one to choose? I plumped on Sheerah. Using her for the first time, I decided to do a bit of research on her name. It means "Kinswoman" in Hebrew. She is actually mentioned in the Bible as the woman who founded two cities, one of which was named after her. (Lower and Upper Beth-horon and Uzzensheerah). I developed this tag around this info. using a deep red to signify blood for the base tag (in those days a lot of blood, sweat and lives would have been sacrificed) The Hebrew writing forming the base backing paper and a picture depicting the workforce were google images (I did "age" them with the help of an old T-bag and some ink). Sheerah is then in place to oversee her workforce.
The whole tag measures 4"x5".
As a bonus, I'm getting to know this camera now having been through the handbook that was squirreled away by OH!






6 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag Croms! Amazing what you can do with a tea bag! Love the coloring of Sheerah! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place!

    Hugs,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments on my blog. If you have words or sentiments, that would often do... I just am trying to stem the flow of so much digital work, although I greatly admire it
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Croms, this is incredible. I love that you did the research on the name, as I had no idea (just named it from one of the action figures in a cartoon my son used to watch). I'm so impressed with you! Not only did you design around the character and her name, you found art to bring it all together - outstanding! You've done an outstanding job! Thanks for "tagging" along with us at Tellen's Place this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at your tag no one would think it was your first it is lovely. Thanks for playing at Tellens Place
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I can't believe that this is the first tag that you have made. I love it. the colors are great. Thanks for joining us at Tellen's Place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya.... i knew when we first met you had increadible talent and this proves it.
    I adore what you have done with this.... and you used factual info...wow!
    Maybe you should invest in an alpabet stampset so you can just stamp any word you fancy on your work? My friend Frankie, like me is a stamper at heart....but i combine digi stamps and real rubber all the time.... for dragonsdream this week i drew my own and painted it.... then remembered the 'real stamp' rule.... so i stamped words on it!
    Anyway... brilliant tag, thanks for joining us at Tellens place ... love lynx

    ReplyDelete