Sunday 9 June 2013

Smilin' Joe Skull

Just for fun, in amongst all the b'day cards, fathers' day card, wedding card. All for celebrations this month.
I made an ATC. I finally coincided with the ATC challenge over at Wicked Wednesday ATC Challenge Blog. The theme over there this week is
Headstones and Graveyards 
and they have an awesome sponsor as well - Smeared Ink.
Well, having so many stamps that fit in with this theme - I had to have a play. Didn't I?

I used one of the stamps from The Holy City set from Smeared Ink as my background stamp. (This is now available only in rubber. Follow my link to see more info on joining the club to get yours.) Added a bit of colour with promarkers.
The gravestone is a die cut with some of the embossed bits picked out with gel pen.
The fabulous skully image is Smilin Joe Skull with Roses and is just one of the new range of skull images from Rick St Dennis. I have featured in the recent past other fabulous skully images from the pen of our Rick that are now only available from Smeared Ink Rubber club. So even more reason to click on these links.

I digress
My ATC
I added some tiny white rose buds to the mix as well after a touch of caramel promarker to the edges. Well, when white roses are "past their best" they do start going brown. The text is from an Indigo Blu rubber sentiments collection. I just cut it up a bit to fit on the grave stone.

I would like to enter my ATC into the challenge at
Wicked Wednesday ATCs - Headstones and Graveyards
Left of Centre - Anything LOC

10 comments:

  1. What a fab sentiment! This is really great! Love the roses with the hint of decay and all the great images. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome, so glad you joined us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fab, Helen. I was planning originally to use something from the Holy City. Great minds. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this Helen, the Senti is great :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab ATC! Thanks for joining us at Left of Center Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much on this, love how it all fits. Great saying, coloring, and those roses-so tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, the sentimwent certainly sounds like me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great ATC, just perfect for this week's Wicked Wednesday challenge, thanks for joining us this week! A great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome looking ATC! Love your work!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fabulous naughty atc. Thanks for playing with us at LOC.

    ReplyDelete