Sunday 9 March 2014

A Couple of Tags

Last night was "Craft Club Night" and making a tag was the project of the day. We had a few laughs as always and I had to wait until I got home to add the final touch to mine. I did not take my cropodile and accessories and felt this was what I wanted to finish the hat off. So in through the door and get to it ..........
Using papers from a CD (kindly supplied by this week's lead member, Pam) a couple of stamps from De Stempelwinkel, TH diecuts, plenty of distress inks, a scrap of ribbon and those rivets that I had to wait for, the tag was born. We all had similar papers but each tag was so different. A great night Pam, Thank you.

Next up a tag using a resist technique.

Loads of different colours loaded onto a tag. Images from the "Free your Imagination" set from Visible image stamped on with versamark and heat embossed with clear EP. Followed by lashings of broken china DI. The sentiment from the same set stamped in white and heat set.


Then out with some stencils. The one used here is the Andy Skinner Baroque sheet with black soot DI. Some feathers set into a bead attached with a few links of chain and some feathery fibres as a tie.








I am entering these tags into the challenge at
Left of Centre - First Anniversary month long birthday Bash - Anything Goes

The bottom tag I'd like to enter into the challenge at
Visible Image - Use your favourite VI stamp

9 comments:

  1. Love those finishing touches you made to the hat. What a fab Steampunk tag! The other is absolutely magical. love them both! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my !! Gorgeous. I love the Steampunk one and it's great what you did with the hat. :-) The second one is soooo dreamy and wonderful :-)
    How awesome to go to a craft night.... I wish I had something like that here :-(
    Superb makes Cromsie xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these are fabulous, I love steampunk and the embellishments are gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello goddess of all that is darkness.

    Both really great tags. The second one shows some great technique and I love your colour choices.., the first tag is absolutely brilliant. I really like your makes where you combine different elements to all work as one! That's is going to be your next lesson for me, once I've mastered yogurt dribbling lol

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO @ the yoghurt dribbling ;) and thank you xxx

      Delete
  5. The points you have given here are really valuable. It absolutely was such a fun surprise to see that awaiting me as i woke up now. They are constantly to the point and simple to learn. Thanks a lot for the valuable ideas you have shared here.Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me again :-)

    I'm here to thank you for entering the left of centre creative challenges birthday celebrations.

    You really are a true asset to our blog as you always enter and support us!

    <3 & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LOC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome tags Helen! Love these! Thank you for joining in our First Anniversary Anything Goes Challenge at LOC! It's been great to have you here and we hope to see you back again soon! Mo challenge coordinator xxx

    ReplyDelete