Friday 21 March 2014

Delicious Doodles Is Black and ????

B(l)ack again. It's Delicious Doodles Day in the Cubbyhole and as part of Team A who are hosting this week's challenge I have my DT piece to share with you all today. The challenge is
"Black Plus One Other Colour"
Now what an excuse I had here for going to my dark side yet again, but I had a card to make and took this opportunity to get it done. I also wanted to have a go at the technique "Caught In Crystal" having seen many spectacular examples on the web in recent years. Sourcing the main raw material has eluded me - until the other day - on sale in Asda for about £3. YESSSSSS!!! not the silly money they are asking on sites such as Amazon and Ebay. I'm talking about "Pledge Multi surface wax" formally known as "Klear". I already had the acetate, tissue paper and re-inkers. There are many tutorials for this technique out there so I won't bore you with loads of links. It is so easy and makes a statement on what could be a simple and plain project.
This is my first attempt and it worked so well I used it, no faffing about with practice sessions.
 The image is, of course, from Delicious Doodles " Love in a Mist". Printed onto printer friendly acetate and using broken china, faded jeans and a touch of antique linen distress re-inkers. White tissue paper and a sprinkle of holographic glitter completes the picture. cut out with a nestie.
This was mounted onto a single 6"x 6" piece of DP from the docrafts Madame Payraud collection that had been given a dusting with more distress ink - this time using black soot. The brads to make sure every thing stayed together.
The all mounted onto black card that was given a face lift with a stencilled application of grunge paste mixed with blue ink and some of the detail picked out with blue perfect pearls.
"I love you" inked onto 3 of the 4 squares cut from the scraps left over from the main image "waste".

There we have it folks. Your turn now to get those thinking caps on and creative juices flowing. If you need any more inspiration please pop over to the blogs of my fellow teamies and our amazing GDT members this month. All the links are on the Delicious Doodles challenge blog as is the link where you can come tell us what you have made. 

I'd like to enter my card into the challenge at
Outlawz - Twisted Thursday - Add Texture
Everybody Art - Non-Cute card

4 comments:

  1. Awesome hun! Never seen that technique before - looks interesting! Perhaps you should do your own tutorial. . .xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning !! Such a gorgeous colour and a wonderful technique. I have never tried acetate in the printer as I have a laser and I'm not sure it would like it ! :-)
    Fabulous stenciled corners. FAB xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this technique last week and have been dying to give it ago! Hope mine turns out half as fabulous as yours did! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete