Wednesday 26 December 2012

December Birthday

There's more than one birthday in December.....although the shops will have you believe otherwise. Until I started making the odd card, I had to buy birthday cards in November for the two December birthdays we have in this family. Christmas cards take over the card shops don't they!
This card is for my step-daughter's birthday next week.
I saw this design sometime last year and promised myself I'd have a go, when I could find the time. Today was that day. So armed with a tutorial on youtube, a ruler and pencil and the other "normal bits and bobs", I set to work.
The pics aren't the best. Guess what I forgot to check the stocks of - lightbulbs! Took hubby's word when he said there were plenty :(


The silver "lace" is stamped and heat embossed as is the sentiment inside. Lace and ribbon with some pearls on the points. MS punched butterflies, spritzed with purple and glittered. It was easier than I thought it would be and it is just that little bit different. It's good to do different once in a while :D.

I would like to enter this into a couple of challenges
Tuesday Alchemy - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant  - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh fabbo - might have to snitch this idea. It's lovely Helen :-D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Helen, it looks complicated to make, so many times I have found a template or tutorial I would like to try but it never works out I'm not very good at sticking to measurements and cutting in straight lines lol Thank you for entering this in our challenge over at Tuesday Alchemy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fold and fantastic fold! =)
    Wishing you a Happy New Year!
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete