Monday 3 December 2012

Smudgy Antics - Alter It

If you're looking for my Creepmas with Rick St Dennis post please scroll down one post.
If you're here "just because" why not have a look and hop with us all anyway.
Smeared and Smudged 12 days of Creepmas blog roll is on my left hand side bar as well as the RSD one.

I mentioned in my last post we are having a Steam Punk day in the Cubbyhole.
The theme of this week's challenge over at Smudgy Antics is

ALTER IT
No cards allowed.
This is my altered item for Smudgy Antics this week
I have used the Smeared Ink image of Steam Punk Santa.
coloured with promarkers and the "glass elements" highlighted with glossy accents.
This is on the inside of my project.
Yep - it's an altered notebook.
The front cover? Well that's to follow
Now you can see why Santa was placed in that position - So he can be seen through the window.
Sage green card stock forms the base with some embossed copper card. Plenty of rubbing metallic wax to highlight the embossed parts. The bright silver corners were coloured green with alcohol inks. The charms etc from stash. The dark green cogs are a TH die cut that I used my cropodile to alter slightly before more rubbing wax. The copper corner elements are further secured with eyelets before attaching to the base and cutting out the hole. The edges turned to the back before backing the front cover to neaten with pewter coloured cs.

We'd love to see those altered items being entered into the challenge so we can come ogle your eye candy, so please - don't let us down.
Hope to see you soon

4 comments:

  1. THIS IS BRILLIANT!! I can't wait for the tutorial for the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is an awesome steampunk book, great job you did on this one, love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool notebook, Helen! Fabulous texture and embellies and I adore that Steampunk Santa! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no words. Your altered cover is beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete