Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 16 of 31 Days of Hallowe'en

For full deets on this Freaking fangtastic Blog hop organised by Smeared Ink and The Smeared and Smudged forum, please hop on over to Terra's blog. All the info on the days sponsors are there as well as any other info you think you might need.  The blog hop roll is there in my side bar.

Good morning. Half way through this fiesta. First hurdle completed!
Thank you all you Horrifying Hoppers for the kind words you have left so far, they really do help the soul to keep going.

As promised yesterday I have a project made using an image from another of our glorious sponsors. Today is the turn of a Rick St Dennis image to grace my blog. I also have shared this on the RSD  Airless Chambers blog for today

I must give credit to Kristen Swain for the inspiration here for my

Wraith Wreath

The actual cost of this decoration is negligible, I was surprised in a way. A cereal packet destined for the bin, an old book that has been sitting in the attic for years and well out of favour, some paint and hot glue are all that is needed for the base. What you add to it is up to you.

I used Decoart paints in black and Quinacridone Gold mixed with a touch of copper metallics. Both paints watered well down to form a wash. Dipping my book page cones in randomly and setting aside to dry before attaching to my circle base with hot glue.
There are two layers of  grey sheer fabric added that were singed on the edges with a flame.

The circle of DP is from the Carta Bella "Happy Haunting" paper stack.
Onto this was added my Headless Hessian



Coloured in all the shades of grey I own which is quite a few hahaha.
Torn out and ink distressed with rusty hinge DI before attaching this to the wreath.
Final touch is adding a means of hanging between yet this and another circle of cereal carton on the back to neaten.
Simple but effective?

Thank you for looking and see you tomorrow

I'd like to enter my Wraith Wreath into the challenge at
Graph'IT  marker challenge wk 16 - Show us your Greys
Creative Inspirations Paint - Halloween

17 comments:

  1. FABULOUS - I love this and that gorgeous image. :-) Is this a tongue twister ??? Wraith Wreath hahaha LoL
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! this is an awesome decoration! Very inspiring... I have a drawer full of cereal boxes! lol Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the distressing on your fabulous wreath! I've been meaning to get that digi as I'm a fan of the new show. Gorgeous decoration. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, I like the image,and the design, Thank you for joining in our Greys Challenge at Graph'it colour challenge, Good Luck in the draw.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great project and love the negligable cost.
    Nice choice of greys and orange

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool decoration. I love it. Great use of recycling. I love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so very awesome. Love the wreath and the coloring of the digi

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! I love your version of my wraith, uh wreath! LOL!! terrific and thanks so much for also linking to me, I really appreciate it!! Great project!!
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. just such a striking project and the subdued colours make the wreath

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh freaking cool! That wreath is awesome! That is a great image for that wreath! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spooktacular creation! Love how you coloured that divine image! Nicely done Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Helen...this is amazing. I love that you used recycled items as your base. What a great imagination! Love your headless horseman and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cone layers and love the orange ones, they almost look lit from w/in. wonderful! Headless Horseman looks great in greys and cool eyes on the pale horse. Love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning... I love the colors and you image has so much detail I just LOVE it!!!! GREAT project!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohh this is sooo neat! Love the layers and the image of course~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool wreath, what a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous image - sleepy hollow is one of my true favorite movies!
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete