Wednesday 30 October 2013

Day 30 of 31 Days of Hallowe'en

For full deets on this Freaking fangtastic Blog hop organised by Smeared Ink and The Smeared and Smudged forum, please hop on over to Terra's blog. All the info on the days sponsors are there as well as any other info you think you might need.  The blog hop roll is there in my side bar.

Good morning folks. How are we all? Nearly at the finish line. Just think, tomorrow is the BIG day.This last month has been a blast. I can see me spending a good few days at the PC trying to go look at everyone's projects because I haven't had time to hop AND blog. One or the other when working f/t as well for me unfortunately. Still got the mess of papers, stamps and other paraphernalia all over my craft room although I did manage to find a space to put together this project for today.
Doesn't look much maybe from the front except for the cute little topper he sports, made from one of the Hallowe'en papers I have. Just can't remember which collection off the top of my head.
The template has been sitting in my pc files a while and I can't remember where from but Leigh, fellow SI DT teamie has a similar one on her blog. A couple of homemade skully pins, dark orange ribbon, black feather and a trio of black roses complete the top hat.
What is seen as the skull is rotated though?



All images are from the Smeared Ink Voodoo rubber stamp collection drawn by Rick St Dennis
Stamped with stazon onto tissue paper and coloured with pencils. Modpodge used to adhere to the gesso covered paper mache skull. The teeth were highlighted with smooch ink.

It still remains a mystery to me what tomorrow might bring. Thinking cap needs to be refreshed with more coffee I think. 
Thank you Hoppers for visiting again. I can't stress enough how much your fabulous comments have spurred me on each day. Until tomorrow then ..................

My 666 post giveaway - Can "DogsMum", "Maureen Scott" and "Matney" please email me or pm me in facebook your snail mail addys. Thanks girls xx

I would like to enter this skull into the challenge at
Loves Rubber Stamps - Hallowe'en

16 comments:

  1. Oh that's really cool. I love how you do that stuff with stamps on tissue :-) The little hat is wonderful.
    Well done for getting through this mammoth task Croms :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabby skullie! Love the hat and adore the stamping embellishment. WOW, Helen! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fab skull. Love it. The pics you chose are fantastic, as is your coloring. Love the little hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful project and a most lovely little hat! Love it!
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cool folk art vibe with the VOODOO images

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo I love your top hat Helen, you did an amazing job on it and thanks for the shout out and link to my template too ;0) Oh boy do I hear you about the mess...my studio is one huge disaster area now..it's going to take me ages to tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was impressed with the skull and little topper!
    The added images just blow me away. I also have to try the tissue stamping.
    Just yesterday I received a skull mask dying (or already dead?) to be altered.

    I will get in touch. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Love the skull and the images you added. Love that hat so much,so cute! Wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Helen! What an amazing project. Love the stamps on the skull. They are colored beautifully! Great little top hat you created also. Fantastic finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super project...that skull is amazing with all the images...and that hat is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hat is fabulous! How fun! I love all the images you've added to your skull too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool hat and images on this fab skull. You have been busy and your projects this month are fab!!! Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow!!! just saw my name in there under your giveaway! Will get you on facebook Helen! Thanks!!! Love your skull today! Cant believe it's nearly over!!! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your skull is amazing!!!! I love the skull pins in the hat. There is so much detail wen you look closely at it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, this is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! Thanks for playing along with us in our Halloween challenge at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

    ReplyDelete