Wednesday 23 October 2013

Day 23 of 31 Days of Hallowe'en

For full deets on this Freaking fangtastic Blog hop organised by Smeared Ink and The Smeared and Smudged forum, please hop on over to Terra's blog. All the info on the days sponsors are there as well as any other info you think you might need.  The blog hop roll is there in my side bar.

Good morning folks
Today I have for you an altered coffee tin. It's been sitting on the side patiently awaiting a make-over for a few weeks. Until, that is, it fell to the floor as if to say "Oi! It's my turn now!!" Who am I to argue?
Something a little different as well. Some soot stamping. I love the spooky effect this can produce.
The main stamps used were designed by Rick St Dennis for Smeared Ink's Rubber club. They feature in the Haunted Places set 2. Other stamps are from De Stempelwinkel and stamps from an unknown source - bats and moon with bats.
I scanned the stamped cover before applying. I know how hard it is to get a pic of a round object.

The finished tin - I took pics in different lighting conditions - each shows different properties.
With flash
without flash
the other side
and the top detail
Some narrow braid applied to the bottom and some fibres to the top with some bat sequins.
I don't know what I'll use it for ... yet. Maybe a sweetie jar for those trick or treaters to dip into..... maybe not.

Thank you once again for all the kind comments from you - the merry band of Horrifying Hoppers.
Tomorrow brings ..... who knows?
Thank you for looking

I'd like to enter my altered tin into the challenge at

Unruly Paper Arts RAQ 2 - Bats  (voting starts on 26th October - your vote for the top project would be appreciated)
Through The Purple Haze - Anything Goes - with a twist of Hallowe'en

21 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, your soot stamping turned out so gorgeous! Fabulous altered tin! Yep, you can not ignore when inanimate objects demand attention LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH so awesome! I have never tried soot stamping, Love, Love the effect you got with it! That is a marvelous tin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly spooky effect! I adore this and recycling too. WOW! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is fabulous!!! Love the soot stamping, although I have no idea what that is and how you would do it.... Looks amazing though!! !Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard the term soot stamping. I must learn more. How does one keep it from rubbing off? I am delighted and amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Helen! This is outstanding. Love the stamps you used to create your design. What a wonderful altered art idea. Soot stamping...you are very adventurous! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your soot stamping gives this tin the perfect spooky effect for Halloween. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing this and joining the fun at Unruly Paper Arts for our Black it Out Quest this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry just realized my error, as you were playing along with us at Unruly PaperArts for our 'Going Batty' Quest, it would have been a perfect entry for both our Quests this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous....so neat! I love the altered tin and the effect is eerie cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great altered image and it turned out wonderfully! I may have to try soot stamping sometime. I've seen it but haven't tried it. Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges

    Darcy DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this is fabulous! I can't believe all the details in the soot stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is terrific! I like the monochromatic coloring and the shabby illustration
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well all i can say is wow!!!

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply stunning, another fantastic project Croms. Thanks for playing along at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW an amazing tin.... Great effect. I am going to have to check out the soot stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow this is sooo stunning. Wondering on what you stamped this. I need to learn this technique!!! So very neat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun technique and love how well the images came out. Great layout and love this tin.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really awesome, thanks for joining us over at Unruly for the batty RAQ

    ReplyDelete