Thursday 31 October 2013

Day 31 of 31 Days of Hallowe'en

For full deets on this Freaking fangtastic Blog hop organised by Smeared Ink and The Smeared and Smudged forum, please hop on over to Terra's blog. All the info on the days sponsors are there as well as any other info you think you might need.  The blog hop roll is there in my side bar.

Good morning folks. How are we all? Are you all ready for tonight?  THE day when zombies, ghosts, skeletons as well as a motley crew of other creepies will wander the streets and no one will bat an eye lid. Tales of Horror will be broadcast on the TVs, almost throughout the world, to help bring those in their homes into the celebrations.
Well I made it - all the way to the finish line. Over 31 different projects made, photographed and blogged (a couple of days had more than one piece). A mammoth task and there were a few times I nearly gave up. You Horrifying Hoppers kept me going and for this I thank you.
My last project is a tag. I realised yesterday that I had not made a single reference to the Master of the Classic Gothic Horror. That fantastic author that so many of us love and who brings joy to our lives through the power of the written word. I speak, of course, of Edgar Allan Poe. I felt his poem "The Raven" had to be the one for my last day piece, just because.

The Raven stamped image is from Lost Coast. Stamped with versamark onto pale grey card and black PanPastel applied with a sponge before tearing out.
The word "Nevermore" was compiled by stamping, onto the same grey card, three sizes of feathers (Sheena Douglas) at various angles. The (memory box) die cut tree was stamped with a crackle stamp (more Sheena Douglas). Black feathers (with a greenish tinge) from stash.

All these elements were laid over a tag that had first been painted with black gesso and some scrunched up tissue applied and left to dry.

Well that's it from me folks. Phewwwwwwww. I'm glad to report that my craft room looks almost back to normal after a massive tidy up yesterday.
What will tomorrow bring?

I'd like to enter this tag into the challenge at
Premium Craft Brands - Shades of Grey

12 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween Helen!!! Great tag for your final blog post! Love the stamping! thanks for a great month of inspiration! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG FABULOUS, Helen! Your tag is so beautiful. Love the Raven and how you've done the sentiment. So creative. Happy Halloween! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. STUNNING and the wording with that feather stamp is just awesome !!! Such a fabulous piece and many congrats for getting all the way through :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Halloween!

    Thank you for all you have shared this month, and all your time and effort.

    This is indeed a piece worthy of the biggest day of this hop. The way you used feathers for the words - brilliant!
    The overall feel of spooky and chilling makes this a fabulous tag. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Halloween, Helen! I love this tag. It's wonderful. So many elements. Thank you for sticking with it this month. I have really enjoyed stalking your blog every day to see what your creative mind has come up with. I am now an official stalker of your blog so I will be keeping up with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the perfect project to end the hop with! I'm glad you hung in there until the end! You had such wonderful projects and great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...awesome tag Helen. Cool how you stamped out the word "nevermore". What a clever idea. It has been fun stopping by the past 31 days! I love your style and altering techniques. I've learned a lot. Have a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAPPY HALLOWEEN HELEN!!!! Love today's creation, soooooo spooky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeously spooky tag...perfect way to end the hop! have enjoyed all your creations! happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag! I've loved seeing all y our fabulous creations this month. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Never More tag is wonderful... Thank you for all your inspiration this month...this has been a fantastic hop, so glad you stayed with us all month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your tag. The letters stamped with feathers are brilliant. Thanks so much for all your hard work and sharing such lovely projects all month.

    ReplyDelete